MackinVIA Reader, Admin and More
Read-Along Support – Read-Along eBooks offer professional narration synchronized with a highlight that indicates the current sentence and emphasizes the current word as it is read.
Android 8.0 – The newest version of the MackinVIA Android app will install and function on this latest version of Android that is slowly rolling out to devices.
Text-to-speech Speed – We’ve added half speed (.5) to our Text-to-speech engine for eBooks. Half speed is also available for Read-Alongs.
Read-Along indicator on cover image – Read-Along eBooks will be indicated in MackinVIA with a new icon.
Additional Filters – MackinVIA patrons can easily locate Read-Alongs and resources with Reflowable Content inside the “More” filters.
These attributes will also display on the Title Details page.
Office 365 SSO – MackinVIA now supports single sign-on integration with Office 365.
French Language Option – In addition to English and Spanish, we’ve added French as an option to adjust the display language on MackinVIA. This option will display on the Login page and the Profile page.
Resource Activity – To view the activity of individual resources, Full Administrators can run a Usage report at a school level and then click into individual titles to view all activity for that resource for the time period of the report.
Types of activity include: Checkouts, Online Reads, Assignments, Requests and Favorites.
EduAppCenter Integration – Full Administrators now have the ability to add resources to MackinVIA through this new integration. LTI is utilized to manage the authentication of individual users from MackinVIA into the resource. In order to add these applications, the school must have an LTI key and secret to configure the connection.
To add a resource from EduAppCenter:
1. Go to Resources > Add New Resource
2. Click on “Add LTI Resource from EduAppCenter”
3. Select the desired resource
4. Click Add Resource
5. Enter the necessary LTI information PLEASE NOTE: The LTI data (Consumer Key and Shared Secret) is supplied by the resource provider. Contact provider directly for help in retrieving this information.
6. Complete the usual steps of adding metadata.
It is also possible to add an LTI resource manually. When that option is selected, the administrator must enter a launch URL and description in addition to the other required LTI values. PLEASE NOTE: The LTI data (Consumer Key, Shared Secret and Launch URL) is supplied by the resource provider. Contact provider directly for help in retrieving this information.
New Filters – MackinVIA Administrators can easily locate and manage Read-Alongs and resources with Reflowable Content inside the “More” filters.
Resource Type Icons – These have been added to the Manage Resources page. This will be helpful to administrators that have the same title in eBook and Digital Audiobook format.
Backpacks Page Improvements – The Backpacks page has been updated with the following:
- “Last Login” column has been added
- French has been added to the language dropdown menu on the Edit Backpack Info window
Default Language – French has been added to the Default Language dropdown in the Display Options panel.
eBook Attributes – The Advanced Search page now has search parameters for Read-Alongs, Read-Alouds, resources with Reflowable Content and resources with Enhanced Content. Each parameter includes an Info icon to explain these features.
- Assignable: Eligible for the Assignments feature in MackinVIA. 26-checkout or 52-checkout license types are not eligible.
- Enhanced Content: Contains interactive elements or embedded media such as video or audio clips.
- Read-Along: Includes professional narration synchronized with a highlight that indicates the current sentence and emphasizes the current word as it is read.
- Read-Aloud: Includes audio tracks with professional narration.
- Reflowable Content: Page contents reflow throughout the book as the reader window is resized and/or the user adjusts the font type and font size.
- Text-to-speech: Computer generated vocalization of the text.