Mackin.com Take & Make Kits, Account Updates, and Previews
MackinMaker Take & Make Kits – We’ve designed new functionality to support kits curated by Mackin’s team of education professionals. MackinMaker Take & Make Kits are the first to utilize this capability with the potential to support additional kit types in the future.
Users can search for Take & Make Kits by navigating to Advanced Search > Makerspace or filtering their results by the new product type.
The kit details page displays information about each kit along with a list of all items included.
- Users can click on each item to view more details.
- Items exclusive to the kit, such as challenge cards and storage containers, are not sold separately.
- If desired, users can choose to purchase available items individually outside of the kit.
Manage Account updates
- Added a link to manage marketing emails
- Added the Order Confirmation Email field. This is not required unless the user email is nonconforming.
- Made the Terms and Conditions checkbox message more prominent
- com users can now perform a search with “Previewable” as a parameter. It is present on the Advanced Search form.
- A new “Previewable” filter has been added to the results page.
- “haspreview=true” is a new option for Marketing to utilize with param searches
- A new preview icon is a more prominent indicator that a preview is available
MackinFunds Campaign Sign Up – This has been disabled so that customers cannot request a new fundraiser campaign. A message has also been added to the My Fundraisers page explaining that the MackinFunds program is being retired at the end of 2020.
Adding Unfilled Titles – For orders with unfilled titles, users will have the ability to add them to both new and existing lists. This was a request from several customers, most recently Fairfax County.
Ability to view customer specs – On Mackin Maintenance, in Customer Service and Customer Lookup, there is a new link “Specs Activity Log” that opens the new Maintenance site with the user’s specs as a search result. To view a summary of the user’s specs, click the “Current Specs” button.
- Under Digital > Products, added Class Sets as a new option
- Under Digital > Products, updated the name/link for Digital Packages to Starter eBook Packages
- Enhanced the decline message for credit cards when PayTrace denies transactions
- Added invoice number to the Barcode Search tool for Fairfax County OMS (249)
- Added Class Set information to the internal OMS order email
- Removed titles with a quantity of zero from the Request a Quote feature
- Fixed the Mackin Title Lists page to prevent stale data from being displayed
- Corrected several issues with session cookies