5 Ways to Use MackinVIA
- Scrolling banners highlight the newest, highest-rated, and top resources for the month.
- Option to include DOGOnews – regularly updated, professionally written articles on current events that are aligned to national and state standards.
- Add any Groups or Categories you want to promote.
Group created for a unit on Black History Month could be added to Home Page as a Featured Group in February.
- Individual accounts for each user within the school’s MackinVIA.
- Allows users to check out eBooks and audiobooks, take notes, highlight and add bookmarks in eBooks, and save resources as Favorites.
- Notes and bookmarks are saved in the Notebook and can be accessed later, even if the user no longer has that eBook checked out.
- Notebook can be exported to Google Drive or OneDrive.
- With the MackinVIA app, users can download eBooks and audiobooks to access offline.
- Help customize and narrow down your collection to make it easier for students to find the resources that fit their needs.
- Create Groups based on grade, reading level, subject area, lesson plan, or anything you like!
- Can include all resource types: eBooks, databases, audiobooks, videos, and links
- Teachers can be given Group Administrator rights so they can create the Groups needed for their classes.
Teacher planning a unit on weather can create a Group that includes eBooks on the different types of weather, a science database that includes a section on weather, a link to the National Weather Service or local weather station, and even videos of different weather events.
- Allows Administrators to “assign” an eBook or audiobook to a particular group of students.
- Reserves the selected number of copies of a title for a scheduled period of time, assuring that all students will have access.
- Assignment period is outside normal parameters for checkout periods and limits.
- A unique code is set up for each Assignment and is distributed to students.
- Students enter the code and then have that title in their Backpack for entire assignment period.
- Designed with the classroom in mind and can be used to reserve copies of that title for class projects, novel sets, or reading groups.
Learning Management System Integrations
- MackinVIA can be integrated with your school’s learning management system (LMS).
- Allows teachers and librarians to access their MackinVIA Backpack account within the LMS and add MackinVIA resources to a classroom or assignment.
- Currently supported systems: Canvas, Moodle, Schoology
- We also have Google Classroom capability (Allows administrators to share resources, Groups, Categories, and Assignments to their Google Classroom).
Test-drive or sign up for a FREE MackinVIA!