Trusted. Vetted. Credible.
16 Award-Winning Research Databases.
Try or order ABC-CLIO databases today!
View a Case Study or Download the Database Description
Watch a Quick Overview!
Order ABC-CLIO databases!
Order Instruction: If you order “Under 99 Students,” enter the number of students in the QUANTITY field on the next page (Full Record).
Explains the foundations of our government and political systems in detail, and illustrates their relevance to today’s issues.
- Covers our national government, local and state systems, and rights and liberties, comparing them to those of other countries.
- 12,000+ primary sources and 2,100 biographies of both historical and current government figures, including Supreme Court justices and members of the U.S. House and Senate.
A remarkable survey of American history from 1350 to the present, organized chronologically and thematically, linking reference, curriculum, and analysis of current events.
- Over 16,000 primary and secondary sources.
- 100+ topical overviews and nearly 3,300 biographies of influential political and military figures.
American Mosaic: African American Experience
An incredibly comprehensive and compelling story of almost 400 years of history, recounted by African American authors and primary sources.
- Covers the black experience from its African origins to the present day, including black contributions to science, business, education, the arts, the military, and politics.
- 500+ primary source documents and 1,500 photographs, maps, and images.
American Mosaic: American Indian Experience
This unique resource illuminates the histories and contemporary cultures of the indigenous peoples of the United States.
- Extensive, in-depth information on the American Indian nations, including primary and secondary sources, and a wealth of maps and photographs.
- Designed, developed, and indexed under the guidance of Advisory Editor Dr. Loriene Roy and a team of American Indian librarians and scholars.
American Mosaic: Latino American Experience
Dedicated to the diverse history and culture of Latinos—the largest, fastest-growing minority group in the United States.
- Covers early civilizations up to the most recent political movements and achievements of contemporary Latinos.
- Content includes hundreds of primary documents and media, including speeches, maps, songs, audio clips, interviews, and vivid historical photographs.
Daily Life Through History
Much more than just facts and information, this database makes global history interesting, relevant, and meaningful from students’ modern-day perspectives.
- Compiles information from over 45 Greenwood single- and multivolume reference works.
- Video and audio files, maps, and images offer fascinating insights into history.
Health and Wellness Issues
This unique database enables students to better understand the health and wellness issues affecting them, their peers, and our greater society through a multitude of authoritative reference entries and expert perspective essays.
- Houses more than 2,500 reference entries covering well-being and physical, mental, and social health, with additional content added monthly
- Focuses on more than 65 key health-related issues, offering in-depth explorations of topics that matter most to teens
- Includes detailed explanations of the structure and function of all 14 major body systems, augmented with stunning anatomical illustrations
- Provides two dozen Perspectives that feature scholars’ insights on a wide variety of controversies and debates, fostering critical thinking and analytical skills among students
- Features monthly commentaries written by a professional advisory board that help contextualize current health news
Issues: Understanding Controversy & Society
Explains how society shapes and is shaped by controversy, providing authoritative historical context, expert perspectives, and vetted sources on today’s most important issues.
- Connect current events and their historical roots with explorations of more than 150 of today’s most significant social issues.
- 3,000 articles and 4,000 multimedia primary sources provide historical context for the issues.
A comprehensive resource providing definitive expertise on a sensitive topic, this database also includes 300 primary sources illustrating the process and outcome of genocide.
- Content includes feature stories and essays presenting timely original material and a complete media library with hundreds of photographs, maps, videos.
- Activities developed by Sara Cohan, director of the Genocide Education Project, and authoritative materials written by 100 contributors and overseen by expert advisory board.
Pop Culture Universe: Icons, Idols, & Ideas
An exploration of everything in popular culture, both past and present—in a package as dynamic as the topic it covers.
- “Stories” sections offer informative, at-a-glance articles focused on describing major events and trends in pop culture from the 1900s to the present, from the Gibson Girls of the Gilded Age to the social media of the 2000s.
United States Geography
Highlights the physical geography, government, economy, and culture of all 50 states.
- Addresses state geography standards and includes thousands of primary sources, such as maps, speeches, and audio of state songs.
- Goes well beyond geography to provide facts and figures on population, industry and labor, health, and society.
World at War
Presents comprehensive information and unique insights into the military conflicts that have defined our nation’s identity from its beginning to today.
- Developed by ABC-CLIO’s award-winning military history team, including the renowned Dr. Spencer Tucker.
- Provides complete overviews of 27 wars and includes more than 8,000 primary sources.
Provides critical insight into the political, social, economic, and cultural forces in our complex world to enable global literacy.
- Nearly 200 country overviews and 1,700 biographies of political and cultural figures.
- Close to 25,000 primary and secondary sources, plus statistical tools for comparing data among countries.
World History: Ancient & Medieval Eras
An examination of prehistoric times through the great ancient empires to the beginnings of the Renaissance.
- Enables a deeper understanding of history on topics ranging from King Arthur to ancient Egypt.
- 1,500 biographies of important leaders and nearly 8,500 primary and secondary sources.
World History: Modern Era
Includes everything from the ongoing crises in the Middle East, to civil strife across Africa, to the vestiges of communism in China, South Korea, and Cuba.
- Covers all regions of the world from 1500 to the present.
- More than 7,300 primary sources, including newsreel and video footage.
World Religions: Belief, Culture, and Controversy
Provides a virtual textbook that covers religion across the globe, making student research on faith and belief across humanity easier, and enabling a deeper understanding of the complex issues facing us in the 21st century.
- More than 50 religion overviews, covering such topics as agnosticism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Shinto.
- Extensive reference entries on religion in every country, including statistics on the number of followers of various beliefs in the past, present, and projections for the future.
Licensing and Access
Renewal Required: You must renew this subscription every year.
Lifetime Access: You only need to purchase this product one time.
Simultaneous Access: More than one person can use this product at the same time.
Multi-School Incremental Discounts: Discounts available if purchasing for more than one school/location. Contact Mackin for discount information at email@example.com.
Multi-Year Discounts: Discounts available if purchasing for more than one consecutive year. Contact Mackin for discount information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Correlation: NF=Nonfiction F=Fiction
Minimum System Requirements
The following versions are supported:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
Netscape Navigator 7.0 or later
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
Netscape Navigator 7.0 or later
Apple Safari 1.0 or later
Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later
The Apple QuickTime plug-in is required to view video and audio
The MacroMedia Flash Player 6 plug-in is required to view some interactive sections of the site
We recommend a 56k modem or faster connection