Family Literacy Resources
Welcome, students and families! Making reading a fun and natural activity is the key to learning, and we hope these resources help support literacy in your home. This page includes printable versions of our take-home reading journals, as well as additional activities and resources.
New 2021 Elementary Reading Journal
New 2021 Secondary Reading Journal
Elementary Reading Journal
Secondary Reading Journal
Student Activity Guides
Educational Links for Students
Videos for Students
Websites for Students
- KidLit TV
- com – Pete the Cat Books, Songs & Animated Videos
- Home – NWF | Ranger Rick
- Books (nationalgeographic.com)
- Bookish play: How to draw Dora the Dinosaur – Books with Baby
- Elena Reads and Reviews – A young book lover shares her thoughts on the diverse stories she’s reading.
- LITTLE CRITTER Stories, Jokes, Puzzles and Games for Kids.
- Just4Kids (kellystarlinglyons.com)
Parent and Caregiver Resources
Quick Tips for Reading Success at Home
Letter to Parents
Elementary Family Literacy Resources
Secondary Family Literacy Resources
Ideas and Resources for Making at Home
Maker Education and Maker-Spacing Your Home
Ways to Manage Stress For Yourself & Your Students During Distance Learning
Click here to download Mackin’s summer reading themes!