For more than 35 years, Mackin has provided library and classroom materials for grades PK-12. Working with over 18,000 publishers and an age-appropriate database of nearly 3 million print titles and more than 2 million digital titles, Mackin supplies print books, eBooks, read-alongs, audiobooks, databases, videos and more, along with digital content management and custom collection analysis services.
A true partner in education, Mackin’s continued success and unblemished reputation is known by thousands of teachers, administrators, and librarians across the country and throughout the world.
Mackin Offers a Growing Database of Titles
Mackin Offers Loads of FREE Services!
- Free cataloging and MARC records
- Free standard, shelf-ready processing
- Free shipping in the continental US
- Free fiction genre classification services
- Custom collection analysis
- Support from professional librarians and teachers
- Access to thousands of professionally prepared book lists
- Reviews from the most respected journals, including Horn Book, School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly and Library Media Connection
- TitleMatch so you don’t order duplicated titles
Please contact Customer Service for more information on any of our free services.
Mackin is a Minnesota-based, family-owned company which takes great pride in providing the highest quality, age-appropriate library and classroom materials for PK-12 schools as well as public library Children’s and Young Adult collections.
Founded by Randal and Kitty Heise in 1983, Mackin was truly formed on a wish, a hope and a prayer. The mission then, as it is now, was to grow the business by listening to librarians, teachers and educators and providing custom services that would fulfill the exact needs of the customer.
Mackin has grown on this foundation of service to become a leader as a one-source educational products and resources provider to over 50,000 customers worldwide.
Mackin is honorably based after the owner’s mentor and beloved friend, James C. Mackin, who was a founding father of the children’s library book industry.
All of Mackin’s 400+ employees are unified in their dedication to improving educational systems and doing everything possible to make a real difference.