Mackin works with thousands of publishers to provide high-quality, custom library and classroom materials to PK-12 schools and public libraries around the world, including books, DVDs, audiobooks, educational software and more. Based in Burnsville, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis, Mackin has more than 300 employees and 15,000 customers. The company was founded 28 years ago and is still operated by its original owners.
Customization and unmatched customer service have fueled the company's consistent growth, along with a full range of free services and free shipping.
The Mackin environment is friendly and casual, and employees are hard-working and trustworthy. Qualified employees enjoy the benefits of: PTO, Flex Plan, 401(k), Health Plan, and Life Insurance.
Come join our team -- we'd love to meet you!
Mackin Educational Resources is seeking a Web Developer to add to our growing IT team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of web development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continually keeping up with emerging web technology and have a strategic understanding of how/when to apply it
- Plan and design information structure and architecture by studying the site concept, strategy and envisioning architectural scheme, information structure, features, functionality and user interface
- Create guidelines and best practices for website development
- Formulate system scope and objectives to create or modify an application
- Prepare design specifications
- Experience in using SQL server 2005 database and n-tier C#/ ASP.NET development using Visual Studio 2010
- Experience in testing own code while going through code reviews
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, theory and practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, demanding environment
- Ability to work as part of a highly cohesive and collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Days, Monday - Friday
Please send resume to email@example.com