Mackin works with thousands of publishers to provide high-quality, custom library and classroom materials to PK-12 schools and public libraries around the world, including books, DVDs, audiobooks, educational software and more. Based in Burnsville, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis, Mackin has more than 300 employees and 15,000 customers. The company was founded 28 years ago and is still operated by its original owners.
Customization and unmatched customer service have fueled the company's consistent growth, along with a full range of free services and free shipping.
The Mackin environment is friendly and casual, and employees are hard-working and trustworthy. Qualified employees enjoy the benefits of: PTO, Flex Plan, 401(k), Health Plan, and Life Insurance.
Come join our team -- we'd love to meet you!
Mackin Educational Resources has number of Seasonal job openings in our Book Processing and Book Shelving departments. The right candidate should be able to handle the requirements listed below, start working immediately, and continue working throughout the remainder of 2013. Some positions may continue into 2014 with an opportunity to become a year round part time job.
- Our Book Processors are responsible for accurately and efficiently applying plastic protective book coverings, labels, pockets and other miscellaneous materials to books, videos, and DVDs.
- Our Book Shelvers are responsible for accurately sorting, shelving, and pulling books on our warehouse shelves. All books are in alphabetical order by title.
- Seasonal employees must be able to learn and work in both the Book Processing and the Book Shelving department.
Day Shifts Open:
- Ability to follow written directions with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sitting and working during an entire shift.
- Ability to handle repetitive small and large motor tasks with your hands.
- Great attention to detail and ability to follow directions in order to make sure books are being placed in the correct alphabetical order.
- Ability to stand - walk - bend - reach repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Able to push / pull roll carts containing books.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Afternoon Shifts Open:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am or 9:00am - 2:00pm or 3:00pm
Apply in person at:
- 12+ hours per week, shifts begin at 3:00pm or 4:00pm for a minimum of 4 hour shifts
Mackin Educational Resources
3505 Co.Rd. 42 W.
Burnsville, MN 55306
during the hours of 9am – 4pm,
Monday through Friday.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of three years school library experience
- Media Specialist certification -or- Master’s in Library Science
- Researching school standards
- Working with school librarians in evaluating their library collection
- Researching, using bibliographic utilities
- Evaluating children’s and YA books, both fiction and nonfiction
- Creating and maintaining lists of materials relating to curricular subjects, fiction genres, and other topics – using reviews, samples
- Making specific recommendations for K-12 school libraries regarding needs in their collections
- Understanding of library practices and automation systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently as well as within a group
- Full-time or part-time (30 hours or more) flexible day hours
To apply for this position please send resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
and reference Collection Management.
We are looking for a Database Administrator who will create and design our databases, optimize performance, and operationally support our Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure. An ideal candidate will be a proficient DBA with the following skills:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred
- 3+ years DBA experience
- Support and maintain internal and customer facing SQL databases
- The ability to work with peers as well as working independently on tasks
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized with an eye for detail
- Able to maintain multiple ongoing projects
- Good communication is required to function in this environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and/or 2005
- TSQL and stored procedures
- Performance optimization and tuning
- Data modeling and schema design
- Architecture planning
- Backup and restore procedures
- XML and web service
- SQL server integration services
- SQL server reporting services
- SQL server analysis services
- Hardware specification / configuration
- Support requests from .net Developers for SQL related items -Complex stored proc's
- You earn bonus points if you're very familiar with: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, C# .NET programming skills, Windows shell scripting skills
To apply for this position please send resume along with desired wage to email@example.com
and reference DBA
Mackin Educational Resources is seeking a Web Developer to add to our growing IT team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of web development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Continually keeping up with emerging web technology and have a strategic understanding of how/when to apply it
- Plan and design information structure and architecture by studying the site concept, strategy and envisioning architectural scheme, information structure, features, functionality and user interface
- Create guidelines and best practices for website development
- Formulate system scope and objectives to create or modify an application
- Prepare design specifications
- Experience in using SQL server 2005 database and n-tier C#/ ASP.NET development using Visual Studio 2010
- Experience in testing own code while going through code reviews
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, theory and practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, demanding environment
- Ability to work as part of a highly cohesive and collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Days, Monday - Friday
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org